Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sonic The Fighters

4:50 AM

Developer: Sega-AM2
Publisher:  Sega
Played on: Sonic Gems Collection

I'll admit I don't fully understand the thought process behind a Sonic themed fighting game, but hey, Nintendo did something similar 3 years later and it worked out fine.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for this game, made by the same studio behind Virtua Fighter, Sonic the fighters runs on the same engine and even has the same "feel" as the first game in the series, however, Virtua Fighter this is not.


Want to know how I won my first eight battles? I spammed the punch button.
Want to know I defeated the boss? I blocked and then spammed the punch button.
Want to know how I defeated the secret boss in under 15 seconds? I spammed the punch button.

Yep, that's all there is to it, spam the same button over and over again. Now, you might think that even though the A.I. sucks, there may actually be good fighting mechanics, but there really aren't, first off, this game is so unbalanced it's not even funny, Fang, with his long range attacks will usually beat out everyone else, specially considering the damage his attacks make, I do love his Crocodile Dundee sense of style though.

The game even fails on the soundtrack department, you'd expect to hear some remixed classic sonic tunes, but nope, all of the music for this game is new and utterly forgettable.

I will however give props to the game's graphics, keeping the art design in tune with the previous games and character selection, going as far as to pick Amy (before she became a famous character) and even the lesser known characters from games like Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic Drift.

Pros:
- Great graphics that fit the old school Sonic artstyle
- If nothing else, it's an interesting conversation piece

Cons:
- Characters are horribly unbalanced
- You can win almost any fight by spamming the punch button
 
Final Grade: D

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 just-game-revolution. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top